[yt-users] TwoPointCorrelation

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:13:15 PDT 2010

This is mainly a question to Stephen :-)

In trying to calculate the matter/darkmatter power spectrum, I thought I'd
start playing with the Density correlation function, but for a dataset
8Mpc and 64^3 resolution, I'm getting zeros for the values of \xi using
the example script on the bottom of:
http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/extensions/two_point_functions.html?highlight=write_out_correlation#two-point-correlation-functions

# length    \xi
2.70633e-02 0.00000e+00
7.43570e-02 0.00000e+00
1.21651e-01 0.00000e+00
1.68944e-01 0.00000e+00
2.16238e-01 0.00000e+00
2.63532e-01 0.00000e+00
3.10825e-01 0.00000e+00
3.58119e-01 0.00000e+00
4.05413e-01 0.00000e+00
4.52706e-01 0.00000e+00
5.00000e-01 0.00000e+00

I've played around with the density limit dens and length_range parameter,
but it didn't change anything, and the default dens value in the script
should be well below the values in the simulation box.  I repeated this on
my macbook pro and Triton with the same result.  Is this something you've
seen before?

From
G.S.