[yt-users] Turbulent cascade

Elizabeth Harper-Clark h-clark at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 14 14:48:54 PST 2010

Dear fellow YT-users,

I would like to analyse turbulence in ENZO by comparing velocity difference
at different scales. To do this I would like to calculate the velocity
difference between each cell and cells a set distance bracket away, square,
sum over all cells, and square root to get a turbulent velocity at that
length scale. I would the like to do that for many different length scales
to form a graph of turbulent velocity against length scale.

Has anyone ever done anything like this with YT or have a suggestion for the
easiest way to go about doing this? (with either SH = 1 or 0)

Many thanks,

Libby

--
Elizabeth Harper-Clark MA MSci