[yt-users] phase plots

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 08:35:14 PST 2010

Hi Geoffrey, Stephen,

So there isn't currently a comoving density field.  I think it can be
added like so:

def _ComovingDensity(field, data):
    ef = (1.0 + data.pf["CosmologyCurrentRedshift"])**3.0
    return data["Density"]/ef
add_field("ComovingDensity", function=_ComovingDensity)

it won't need a conversion function because Density is already in CGS.

Geoffrey, I think I'd prefer not to have a flag to swap things in and
out -- globally turning on "comoving units" would likely end up having
to add a lot of machinery to handle all of the comoving conversions.
I think it's okay just to give them when requested.  (Which, for what
it's worth, is what Enzo does in the parameter file output.)

-Matt