[yt-users] find densest point in sphere?

Michael Kuhlen mqk at astro.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 6 15:28:03 PST 2010

Hi

How would I go about finding the densest point in a region, say a sphere?

I'd like something like AMRHierarchy.find_max, but for AMRSphereBase:

pf = load(filename)
sphere = pf.h.sphere(center, radius)
v,c = sphere.find_max("Density")

I guess I could retrieve all high resolution grids with select_grids()
and then do a find_max() on each of those grids, but I'm hoping there's
something nicer.

Thanks,

Mike

*  Dr. Michael Kuhlen              Theoretical Astrophysics Center  *
*  email: mqk at astro.berkeley.edu   UC Berkeley                      *
*  cell phone: (831) 588-1468      601 Campbell Hall                *
*  skype username: mikekuhlen      Berkeley, CA 94720               *