[yt-users] volume rendering angle

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 25 12:55:58 PDT 2010

I was wondering if anyone ran into the problem where the angle you view an
simulation would ruin the image?  I know this is still in beta but just
want to know if this is an known issue, or if there's something wrong with
what I am doing, or with my YT and I need to reinstall it or something.

Specifically, when I try to render an image using an image plane
perpendicular to the vector L=[1,1,1] and center [0.5,0.5,0.5] everything
looks fine, but if I want a head on view from the x axis of the y,z plane
and setting L=[1,0,0] the image is just gibberish.

Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong?  I was just using the sample
script from the cookbook and changing L only, with both the "Simple Volume
Rendering" and "Camera Interface"

From
G.S.