[yt-users] projection a rectangular region

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 22:48:35 PDT 2010

Hi Christine,

I think is pretty simple to do, but ... it's completely non-obvious.
Mea culpa, a script should have gone into the cookbook with the very
first version of the cookbook.  I've *added* a recipe, which is
available here:

http://hg.enzotools.org/cookbook/file/tip/recipes/thin_slice_projection.py
http://hg.enzotools.org/cookbook/raw-file/tip/recipes/thin_slice_projection.py
(direct download link)

but it won't show up in the cookbook until I rebuild the docs next,
which I anticipate being sometime this week.

The idea behind the recipe is that projections can accept arbitrary
data sources, so one sets up a "region" (which is a rectangular prism)
and feeds that in as the source.  You can use the same method for
projecting spheres, clumps, extracted regions, etc etc.

Anyway, hope that helps -- and sorry it hasn't been in there yet.
This has been a common request...

-Matt