[yt-users] yt doesn't see some libraries

Irina Dvorkin irina at wise.tau.ac.il
Fri Aug 27 11:14:06 PDT 2010

Dear yt users,

I have the following problem with my yt installation: when I start
ipython or iyt I get the following message:

WARNING: Readline services not available on this platform.
WARNING: The auto-indent feature requires the readline library

and so many useful features (like tab-completion) don't work.
I have another Python installation on my machine, and there it all
works and does not have this warning.

I can bear with the annoying editing, but now I wanted to use the
sqlite3 library, and it is the same - it works from the other Python
installation, but not from the one within yt.

How do I tell the yt installation where to look for these libraries?

Thanks for your help,

Irina