[yt-users] IYT gives problem after updation of system

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:43:14 PDT 2010

Hi Abhijit,

Setting HDF5_DISABLE_VERSION_CHECK to 2 should be okay in this case. Let us
know if it acts up, though!

-Matt

On Aug 7, 2010 2:22 PM, "Dr. ABHIJIT BHATTACHARYYA" <b_abhijit2k at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

Hi

I upgraded my system to OpenSUSE 11.3. I kept 'iyt' and 'enzo' in
'/usr/local' while I only upgraded '/' while '/' and '/usr/local' are two
different partitions. Now Enzo is working while iyt gives following error.

$> iyt
Warning! ***HDF5 library version mismatched error***
The HDF5 header files used to compile this application do not match
the version used by the HDF5 library to which this application is linked.
Data corruption or segmentation faults may occur if the application
continues.
This can happen when an application was compiled by one version of HDF5 but
linked with a different version of static or shared HDF5 library.
You should recompile the application or check your shared library related
settings such as 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'.
You can, at your own risk, disable this warning by setting the environment
variable 'HDF5_DISABLE_VERSION_CHECK' to a value of '1'.
Setting it to 2 or higher will suppress the warning messages totally.
Headers are 1.8.5, library is 1.8.4
            SUMMARY OF THE HDF5 CONFIGURATION
            =================================

General Information:
-------------------
                   HDF5 Version: 1.8.4-patch1
                  Configured on: Sat May 29 02:41:00 IST 2010
                  Configured by: root at Pakudidi
                 Configure mode: production
                    Host system: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
              Uname information: Linux Pakudidi 2.6.31-rc9-7-default #1 SMP
2009-09-08 18:49:15 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                       Byte sex: little-endian
                      Libraries:
             Installation point: /usr/local

Compiling Options:
------------------
               Compilation Mode: production
                     C Compiler: /usr/bin/gcc (gcc-4.4.1)
                         CFLAGS:
                      H5_CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wundef
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls
-Wnested-externs -Winline -Wno-long-long -Wfloat-equal
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-noreturn -Wpacked
-Wdisabled-optimization -Wformat=2 -Wunreachable-code -Wendif-labels
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wold-style-definition -Winvalid-pch
-Wvariadic-macros -Wnonnull -Winit-self -Wmissing-include-dirs
-Wswitch-default -Wswitch-enum -Wunused-macros -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations
-Wc++-compat -Wstrict-overflow -Wlogical-op -Wlarger-than=2048 -Wvla
-Wsync-nand -Wframe-larger-than=16384 -Wpacked-bitfield-compat -O0
-fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions
                      AM_CFLAGS:
                       CPPFLAGS:
                    H5_CPPFLAGS: -D_POSIX_SOURCE   -DNDEBUG -UH5_DEBUG_API
                    AM_CPPFLAGS: -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_BSD_SOURCE
               Shared Libraries: yes
               Static Libraries: yes
  Statically Linked Executables: no
                        LDFLAGS:
                     AM_LDFLAGS:
                Extra libraries:  -lz -lm
                       Archiver: ar
                         Ranlib: ranlib
              Debugged Packages:
                    API Tracing: no

Languages:
----------
                        Fortran: yes
               Fortran Compiler: ifort
                  Fortran Flags:
               H5 Fortran Flags:  -O3
               AM Fortran Flags:   -fPIC
                            C++: yes
                   C++ Compiler: g++
                      C++ Flags:
                   H5 C++ Flags:
                   AM C++ Flags:

Features:
---------
                  Parallel HDF5: no
             High Level library: yes
                   Threadsafety: no
            Default API Mapping: v18
 With Deprecated Public Symbols: yes
         I/O filters (external): deflate(zlib)
         I/O filters (internal): shuffle,fletcher32,nbit,scaleoffset
                            MPE: no
                     Direct VFD: no
                        dmalloc: no
Clear file buffers before write: yes