[yt-users] Terminal disappears while downloading

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:04:27 PDT 2010

Hi Robyn,

This is a puzzle.  My guess is that it's not finding numpy because
numpy is inside a different Python site-packages directory.  It might
be worthwhile to skip all of the install script and try installing all
the dependencies -- specifically, hdf5, numpy, python2.6, matplotlib
-- from apt-get.  Those are the only packages I think you'll need.  If
you're on Ubuntu 9 or higher, I think they should be in the standard
repositories.  If you do succeed with this, and you're up for it, we'd
love to have a PPA we can distribute (
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas ) for this purpose!

Sorry that this is a hassle.

-Matt