[yt-users] Terminal disappears while downloading

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:10:12 PDT 2010

Hi Robyn,

That *is* odd.  I've never seen it before with yt, but it kind of
reminds me of this old issue of remote windows shutting down if
there's something wrong with the Xauth.  When you say the terminal
disappears, do you mean that a local xterm disappeared, or that an
xterm you opened through an ssh-tunneled X11 disappeared, or something
else?  If it's a window opened over ssh+X11, can you try with
supplying -Y to the ssh command?

Do you have the last couple lines of the yt_install.log file?  Maybe
if there's something funny going on with, say, one of the components
trying to open a window and getting killed by the X session or
something?  Are you installing wxPython?  If so, maybe try after
turning that off?

Best,

Matt