[yt-users] 2d radial profiles

David Collins dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 16 16:41:13 PDT 2010

The AnnuliProfiler sounds kind of like what I want, but I'd rather do
it on the AMR data, since it's pretty small objects I'm interested in.
 Basically I want to average concentric annuli around a point in the
projection.

> you're asking for.  Otherwise, you can use the BinnedProfile1D,
> feeding it the projection and asking it to bin the px, py, pdx, pdy
> fields to get spatial information in the projected plane.

I tried poking around with that, but it didn't seem to work:

profile = lagos.BinnedProfile1D(proj,64,'px',9.6768e-04,9.0102e+02,True,True)
profile.add_fields('Density')
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "projection_profile.py", line 13, in <module>
    profile.add_fields('Density')
  File "/nics/b/home/collins/local_verne/src/trunk2/yt/lagos/Profiles.py",
line 138, in add_fields
    self._lazy_add_fields(fields, weight, accumulation)
  File "/nics/b/home/collins/local_verne/src/trunk2/yt/lagos/Profiles.py",
line 90, in _lazy_add_fields
    args = self._get_bins(grid, check_cut=True)
  File "/nics/b/home/collins/local_verne/src/trunk2/yt/lagos/Profiles.py",
line 47, in save_state
    tr = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/nics/b/home/collins/local_verne/src/trunk2/yt/lagos/Profiles.py",
line 258, in _get_bins
    source_data = self._get_field(source, self.bin_field, check_cut)
  File "/nics/b/home/collins/local_verne/src/trunk2/yt/lagos/Profiles.py",
line 173, in _get_field
    pointI = self._data_source._get_point_indices(source)
AttributeError: 'AMRProj' object has no attribute '_get_point_indices'

I'll try poking around with the annuli tool you mentioned.  Thanks!

d.