[yt-users] installing yt on Steele

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 10:10:12 PST 2009

Hi Shankar,

> I can load gnu modules as well. But just wanted to know if it is necessary to remove intel and mpi modules ? I am currently running enzo on 24 processors. Will that get affected ? Also, will loading gnu affect my enzo simulation?

This is only for the compilation step -- any modules can be loaded
when you run yt, as long as you follow the directions it spits out at
the end of the compilation.  For the compilation of yt, you will need
to *unload* intel64, mpich-intel-64, mpich2-intel64, and possibly
hdf5-1.8.3.

This won't affect an enzo simulation that is currently running, but my
understanding is that any simulations you submit will reflect your
current module state.

When you have finished the installation, you should feel free to
re-load whatever modules you like.

Good luck!