[yt-users] plotting questions

Agarwal, Shankar sagarwal at ku.edu
Tue Nov 24 08:22:56 PST 2009

Hi, I was trying the following 2 methods...

from yt.mods import *
p = plots.get_slice("RedshiftOutput0002", "Density", 0)
p.modify["grids"]()
p.modify["contour"]("Density")
p.save_image("plot1")

from yt.mods import *
pf = load("RedshiftOutput0002")
pc = PlotCollection(pf)
for ax in range(1): pc.add_slice("Density", ax).modify["grids"]()
pc.save("plot2")

I have the plots for them attached.

My simulation box is 200 Mpc/h. I wanted to know what are the default span (length scales) for the 2 methods ?
For plot 1, how can I control the spacing of contours ? And where is plot 1 centered at ?

For plot 2, it is centered at the most dense point in the box. But how can I add density contours ? Also, how to control the spacing ?

regards
shankar
KU Cosmology