[yt-users] corrupt enzo restart file?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 10:41:18 PST 2009

Hey guys,

Sorry for chiming in so late.  I didn't look at this email initially because
of the subject.  We could either be smarter with the Overdensity field and
check if Density is in the field_list, or we could make a DM_Overdensity
field and then tell the VirialFilter to use that instead with the
overdensity_field flag.

I also ran into some other problems with dm only runs when a grid doesn't
have any particles.  This usually only happens with amr runs.  If a grid
doesn't have any particles, the grid dataset doesn't get written at all.
This causes problems for the current hierarchy parser which creates a list
of filenames to later associate with each grid.  You end up with a list of n
grids and m filenames where m < n.  This causes errors when creating the
hierarchy.  The traceback will point to something like the routine that gets
the list of fields by sampling random grids.  I made a fix for this, but
didn't commit it because it was a little sloppy and made a few other things
not work quite right.  Maybe we should come back to that, but I think Matt's
hierarchy optimization stuff is supposed to do away with that all together.

Britton