[yt-users] Install, osx 10.4

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Fri May 1 15:17:41 PDT 2009

> Ah-- rtfm, Dr. Collins, I completely missed that first line on the
> install page.
>
> I'm going to try the enthought distro of python operation-- I'll
> let you know.

FYI - The Enthought Python Distribution has a busted version of
PyTables on PPC--it's stuck in little-endian mode. You'll need to
removed and install PyTables from source. It's not a big deal, just
remove what's in the distro and run easy_install. And I don't know if
this is strictly necessary, since yt doesn't depend on PyTables, but
it may use it if available. Other than that, I've found EPD to be a
huge convenience.

--Rick