[yt-users] Field existence check

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:40:39 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Quick followup.  I realized we do this already for Gas_Energy and
Total_Energy, as you can see in yt/lagos/EnzoFields.py on line 71.
Note that this might get sticky if you are deriving from StaticOutput
or EnzoStaticOutput with a new field container and want these to be
communicated up and down the hierarchy of possibilities.  I think that
is probably an extreme corner case, though.

So, in short, it should work well, and if it doesn't, it is a bug and
it should be fixed.

-Matt