[yt-users] Mac OS X matplotlib WX backend

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:23:08 PST 2009

> I'll report back once I have more information, and if/when this change
> gets committed to the source repository.

Hi everyone, sorry for the mail flood.

The bug is mine, and I have found out where my confusion came from.
Thomas is completely correct, we have not been doign the threading
properly -- in fact, we were *explicitly* using a single-threaded
matplotlib shell.  I've fixed it by applying the patch above to both
yt-1.0 and trunk; this is in r1195.  (You can see the supporting
information by doing: "import IPython.Shell; help(IPython.Shell)"
where the various threading models are discussed.)

Thanks again,