[yt-users] Plot titles

David Collins dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 16 11:44:46 PDT 2009

> I believe that you should be okay directly modifying the _axes object
> of the plot, if you are modifying profile plots.  This is probably not

> plot = pc.add_phase_sphere(...)
> plot._axes.title("My Title")

This was the first thing that I tried, but it looks like the title
field gets wiped during the save. I did

>>> pf = MyOutputs.FileStaticOutput(file)
>>> pc = raven.PlotCollection(pf)
>>> region = pf.h.region([0.5]*3,[0.0]*3,[1.0]*3)
>>> profile = pc.add_profile_object(region,['Density','VolumeFraction'])
>>> profile._axes.set_title('Bacon Hat Density')
>>> print profile._axes.title
Text(1,1,'Bacon Hat Density')
>>> pc.save('stuff.png')
>>> print profile._axes.title
Text(1,1,'')

and there's no title on the resulting plot.  Is there something
obviously dumb with the above, aside from the plot title?

I can make a callback that does it, and it works fine, though-- for
those of you following along, I did

class title(raven.PlotCallback):
    def __init__(self, title="Plot"):
        self.title = title
    def __call__(self,plot):
        plot._axes.set_title(self.title)

profile.add_callback(dave_callback.title(title))

d.