[yt-users] HaloProfiler

Stephen Skory sskory at physics.ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 26 13:09:49 PST 2009

Hi all,

I need to calculate the virial properties (mass in
particular) of 80,000+ haloes for perhaps up to 25 datasets. Actually,
it's that many haloes at z=0, so fewer for higher z, but you get the
idea. Can you guys suggest the best way to optimize this? My only good
idea is to split up the entries in HopAnalysis.out into multiple files
so each run of HaloProfiler has roughly the same amount of work to do.
Of course, not making projections will speed things up too.

Thanks!

(For those of you getting this message twice, I realized yt-users is the appropriate place for this discussion. Sorry!)