[yt-users] Fw: mpi4py on Kraken (XT5)

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 14:58:54 PST 2009

Matt,

> When I installed MPI4py on Kraken CNL, I did use the GPAW instructions:
>
> https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/gpaw/install/platforms_and_architectures.html?highlight=redstorm#cray-xt4
>
> All dependencies were compiled with the CNL modules loaded for
> compilation, and then each C module was added to Modules/Setup  and
> then recompiled.

I've followed the instructions down to the step where numpy bits are added to Modules/Setup, and then when I do 'make' I get this error, below. Did you get this error, Matt? Any ideas?

/nics/c/home/sskory/yt/src/numpy-1.2.1//build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/numpy/core/umath.a(umathmodule.o):
In function `_error_handler':
numpy/core/src/ufuncobject.c:669: undefined reference to `PyGILState_Ensure'
numpy/core/src/ufuncobject.c:726: undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
numpy/core/src/ufuncobject.c:730: undefined reference to `PyGILState_Release'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [python] Error 1

Thanks!