[yt-users] Problems in analyzing dark-matter-only simulations with yt

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 07:20:36 PST 2009

Hi Jean-Claude,

Unfortunately, this is a known bug.  I'm working on improving DM-only
support, but for now I think it's somewhat usable.  I believe your
error can be fixed if, during instantiation of the EnzoStaticOutput,
you specify the type of output it is:

pf = EnzoStaticOutput(path_to_output, data_style=6)

where data_style is the argument that describes the type of data.  5
is normal HDF5, 6 is the "packed" HDF5.  You can tell the difference
between the two by how the files in the directory are laid out -- do
you have one file per processor (packed HDF5) or do you have one file
per grid (normal HDF5)?

-Matt