[yt-users] mpi4py and yt

rsoares dlleuz at xmission.com
Thu Feb 12 18:59:50 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to run mpi4py on my 4 machines, but I need a parallelized
version of Python. Tried to compile one with Python 2.5 and mpich2 but
mpich2 won't let me built dynamic /shares libraries which it needs.
Trying with the static ones involves alot of headers errors from both.

Is yt-trunk capable of doing python in parallel?

Without parallel-python, I mpdboot -n 4 then

python
 >>>import MPI
 >>> rank, size = MPI.COMM_WORLD.rank, MPI.COMM_WORLD.size
 >>> print 'Hello World! I am process', rank, 'of', size
Hello World! I am process 0 of 1

not 4 processes, and  mpirun -np 4 python just hangs.  mpi4py installed
on all 4 nodes.

Thanks.

R.Soares