[yt-users] Fw: mpi4py on Kraken (XT5)

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 19:31:00 PST 2009

Matt,

> In your Python2.6 source directory, what is the output of:
>
> $ grep ^ac config.log | grep thread
>
> In my CNL build of 2.5, I have:
>
> ac_cv_cxx_thread=no (*)
> ac_cv_func_pthread_init=no
> ac_cv_func_pthread_sigmask=yes (*)
> ac_cv_header_pthread_h=yes
> ac_cv_header_thread_h=no
> ac_cv_kpthread=no
> ac_cv_kthread=no
> ac_cv_pthread=no (*)
> ac_cv_pthread_is_default=yes (*)
> ac_cv_pthread_system_supported=yes (*)
> ac_cv_sizeof_pthread_t=8

Here's mine:

ac_cv_cxx_thread=yes (*)
ac_cv_func_pthread_init=no
ac_cv_header_pthread_h=yes
ac_cv_header_thread_h=no
ac_cv_kpthread=no
ac_cv_kthread=no
ac_cv_pthread=yes (*)
ac_cv_pthread_is_default=no (*)
ac_cv_sizeof_pthread_t=8

it's different, I've added (*) to make it clearer.

> I wonder if there is something going on in the include files; could
> you additionally send back your ./configure line, taken from the top
> of config.log in your python2.6 directory?

  $ ./configure --prefix=/nics/c/home/sskory/yt SO=.a DYNLOADFILE=dynload_kraken.o MACHDEP=
kraken --host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --disable-sockets --disable-ssl --enable-static --di
sable-shared --without-threads

This is verbatim from the instructions except for machine specific changes.

> $ nm Python/pystate.o | grep PyGIL

I get nothing resulting from this command.

Hrm... so this pystate stuff isn't being made correctly. And a bunch of other stuff doesn't match, either. Do you think I should try to downgrade and install Python 2.5?