[yt-users] Fw: mpi4py on Kraken (XT5)

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:03:07 PST 2009

Hi Stephen,

When I installed MPI4py on Kraken CNL, I did use the GPAW instructions:

https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/gpaw/install/platforms_and_architectures.html?highlight=redstorm#cray-xt4

All dependencies were compiled with the CNL modules loaded for
compilation, and then each C module was added to Modules/Setup  and
then recompiled.  For mpi4py I used mpicc=cc and mpicxx=CC .  The end
product was to get a libpython.a that contained every module,
statically compiled.  The only tricky part was that matplotlib is
compiled wiht C++; as such, after I added the matplotlib modules to
Modules/Setup, I had to manually compile the failing build line with
CC rather than cc.  Oh, and I think I had to modify the .h files for
matplotlib to avoid unnecessary inclusions when compiling all the
object files together.  I'll post a diff of the matplotlib sources,
but essentially anything that "changes size" is a result of being
included in a header file rather than in a source file.

Hope that helps!

-Matt