[yt-users] sub-region projections in parallel

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:08:35 PST 2009

Hi Stephen,

Right now, parallel projections are only of the entire domain.  The
reason behind this is that the current means of doing domain
decomposition are based on Regions, but Regions cannot themselves be
subdivided.  When I wrote the parallel projections the idea was that
sub-regions of projection would never be too prohibitive for
projecting on a single processor.  I guess this was myopic?

As Eric said in his reply, I think Britton's field_cuts might help you
out here.  The way that came to my mind was that of an extracted
hierarchy, which I'm working on (wherein an entire hierarchy object is
constructed from some subset of an existing hierarchy) but which
probably won't be ready for a couple weeks.

Britton?  Any ideas?

-Matt