[yt-users] HaloFinder- parallel is slower?

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 7 20:59:30 PST 2009

Maybe it's running low on memory in the parallel case where you use all
8 processors on a node.  Why don't you try doing it with 7 or 6 ppn and
see if that changes things.  Britton suggested experimenting with the
parameters in his previous email, so why not try?  You can always ssh to
the node where your job is running and look at the memory consumption to
see if it's running low.  Above all, experiment on your own to try to
figure these things out.

Cameron