[yt-users] Halo positions in merger trees

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 06:51:57 PDT 2009

Jean-Claude,

> The difference in mass between the first two is strange as well. Did
> anybody encounter the same problem and/or knows where it is coming from?

I suspect I may be partly at fault. The default over density threshold in yt-HOP is 160.0, but it looks like I set it to run at 80.0 in the merger tree script. Can you try re-running when the thresholds are all the same? There may be something else going on, but let's make sure that's not the problem, first.

Good luck!