[yt-users] iyt, IPython

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:29:34 PDT 2008

Hi guys,

Earlier today Jeff Oishi committed a script called 'iyt' to
trunk/scripts/ .  If you've got IPython (http://ipython.scipy.org/)
installed and you run iyt, it will load up an IPython session with the
appropriate threading necessary to access the 'pylab' interface to
Matplotlib, as well as all the yt modules pre-imported and in the
current namespace.  This, combined with the PlotCollectionInteractive
object, simplify interactive exploration of data significantly.
(IPython is pretty sweet -- I bet Jeff has some great tips; I'm not an
expert on it.)

If you're on branches/yt-1.0 , it'll be committed over there after it
gets tested a bit.