[yt-users] projection note

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 08:27:38 PDT 2008

Hi guys,

Just a quick note.  With r411 in subversion, saved projections will
not display correctly; I was doing something dumb (see ticket #73) and
converting projections in the display layer, just before they were
saved, rather than in the data layer, where it ought to be done.  So
existing projections will need to be modified (I'm writing a script to
do this -- let me know if you want it) but new projections that aren't
saved will be correct.  Also, please note that all extant plots of
projections will be identical to new plots.

I had to make this change in order to support input from external
projection-data sources.  More on that later.