[yt-dev] yt astro analysis

Joseph Smidt josephsmidt at gmail.com
Mon May 1 14:06:34 PDT 2017

I just wanted to say, even though I never commit to the repository so
probably shouldn't respond to a dev email :), that you guys are amazing.
YT has probably saved the average person who uses it *years* of analysis
time, and the ease at which you have transitioned to a platform without
drama is equally impressive. It also has made it so that every year I have
summer students, they can produce results on day one which is worth its
weight in gold.

The only mistake I think you have made over the years is to have drinken
the maplotlib koolaid and adopted a default colorscale that looks like a
green version of greyscale. But I realize this koolaid involves the
superiority you feel when reduce the eye to a linear algebra system (like
any good nerdish koolaid should) and so I not going to debate the point
other than to say: you guys are amazing.  You have saved the world
countless hours and have made the barrier to entry such that nobody need
waste any time.

So here's to a long and wonderful future via github.