[yt-dev] [hub] update

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:33:44 PST 2017

Hi all,
I just rolled out new version of hub.yt. Most notable changes:

 * girder API was upgraded to 2.1.0.
 * hub can now spawn different containers.

The latter is probably the most interesting feature. Before the update,
all you could do with the data was launching jupyter notebook that had
the proper files mounted. Right now when you try to run the notebook,
you'll be instead asked about your preferred "frontend" to expose the
data with.

Currently available frontends are: Jupyter Notebook and Jupyter Lab.
I know it's not really much of a choice, but it merely serves as a proof
of concept. The bottom line is: if you have a specific software that
you'd like to run with the data hosted on hub.yt, we can make that happen!

As always, if you notice anything not working, please let me know.
Cheers,
Kacper