[yt-dev] RFI: Anybody making big changes?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:51:24 PST 2017

Ideally we would release yt 3.4 then merge in some of the backward
incompatible changes Matt referred to. The "roll-out" would then be just
the normal development process we've been following for a while. The
development version of yt 4.0 would then just be the latest version on the
yt branch in the repo.

We don't know how long the repo will be like this but I'd say there's a
very good chance it will be longer than three months, likely closer to a
year. Efforts like yours to update existing software will also be very
helpful for us as it will allow us to find places where we need to add
helpers to match functionality we used to have and that you need.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Nathan