[yt-dev] Issue #1318: Arepo Temperature bug? (yt_analysis/yt)

Anonymous issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Feb 6 13:00:56 PST 2017

New issue 1318: Arepo Temperature bug?
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1318/arepo-temperature-bug

Anonymous:

It seems like something recently changed in the frontend that underestimates gas temperatures in Arepo file structures.  I recently went back to a simulation to re-evaluate a temperature-based calculation, and found that all the ('gas','temperature') values seem too low by several orders of magnitude.

I'm not sure what's going on, but for example when I compare ('PartType0','Temperature') to ('gas','temperature') in a small volume of the simulation (cosmo. simulation centered on the galaxy), you can see that the distribution of temperatures look very different/offset from each other.  (Histograms attached).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
-Kyle Stewart