[yt-dev] Proposed change to how to run the unit tests

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:27:05 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I just opened a pull request that makes a minor change to how you run the
yt unit tests in some cases:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2395

See the pull request description for more details.

I'm raising this on the mailing list because it will impact how you run the
unit tests if you specify a path to a test file. I would very much
appreciate hearing from anyone that has concerns about this. Just raising
it here out of an abundance of caution, I expect everyone to be pretty
happy with this change as it's a common source of user error when running
tests locally.

-Nathan