[yt-dev] Issue #1294: yt cannot read some gizmo fields (yt_analysis/yt)

Onur Catmabacak issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Oct 28 05:29:31 PDT 2016

New issue 1294: yt cannot read some gizmo fields
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1294/yt-cannot-read-some-gizmo-fields

Onur Catmabacak:

Hi

I am a phd student UZH institution of computational sciences. I am using yt to read hdf5 files created with GIZMO code. I can read vector fields like coordinates or velocities but i am not able to read MagneticField and DivBcleaningFunctionGradPhi
fields. It always gives me this error

could not broadcast input array from shape (N,3) into shape (N)

and no matter what i did (reshape, taking transpose of matrix or any thing you can find on google), i could not overcome the problem.

Below you can find a initial condition file and my code and error as an attachment.

http://www.tapir.caltech.edu/~phopkins/sims/briowu_ics.hdf5

Thank you