[yt-dev] Lightray problem

Pengfei Chen madcpf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:28:42 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I was trying to generate a long lightray using multiple data sets with yt3,
but got a problem. The generated lightray was not continuous (Fig 1
attached). The parameters I use to generate lightray with yt3 are like:

lr = LightRay("a.enzo",
              simulation_type="Enzo",
              near_redshift=2.0, far_redshift=4.0)

But when I switch back to yt2, I got the right result (Fig 2). The
parameters I use to generate lightray with yt2 are like:

lr = LightRay("a.enzo",
              "Enzo",
              z_l, z_h)

I use the same random seed and they generate the same segments, but the
spectrum are so different. I suspect that it's still due to the unit issue (
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1258/potential-unit-error-in-cosmologypy).
Hopefully someone could take a look.

Thanks,
Pengfei