[yt-dev] Fwd: [glue-viz-dev] ANN: glue-vispy-viewers v0.4 released!

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:09:43 PDT 2016

Seems interesting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Subject: [glue-viz-dev] ANN: glue-vispy-viewers v0.4 released!
To: glue-viz at googlegroups.com, glue-viz-dev at googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

With the glue v0.8 release out of the door, we are happy to also let
you know that the plugin with the experimental 3D viewers for glue –
glue-vispy-viewers – also has a new release (v0.4).

Since the last time I advertised these plugins, there have been a
number of improvements, including:

The ability to select data in the 3D viewers
The ability to save and restore Glue sessions with 3D viewers
Optimizations of the panels on the left hand side of the application
for small screens
The ability to save static views of the 3D viewers to files
A toolbar icon to continuously rotate the view
A toolbar icon to record an animation to a GIF file (this requires the
imageio package to be installed)
A number of bug fixes that affected usability
The ability to switch between an orthogonal and perspective projection

This plugin can now be installed using Anaconda:

  conda install -c conda-forge glue-vispy-viewers

or if you use pip:

  pip install glue-vispy-viewers --upgrade --no-deps

Please note that the package should still be considered experimental.
If you run into any issues or have any requests, we would love to hear
from you - you can either send a message to the
glue-viz at googlegroups.com mailing list, or open an issue on GitHub in
the following repository:

  https://github.com/glue-viz/glue-vispy-viewers/issues

Thanks!