[yt-dev] Issue #1218: How to Mock X-ray Observations with Gadget gas particle outputs? (yt_analysis/yt)

Weiguang Cui issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu May 12 23:14:04 PDT 2016

New issue 1218: How to Mock X-ray Observations with Gadget gas particle outputs?
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1218/how-to-mock-x-ray-observations-with-gadget

Weiguang Cui:

Dear,

I have checked the available examples online, all of them used the mesh outputs.
Can I directly use the gas particle (instead of smoothing them into cells) in the photon simulator?
Since Veronica's PHOX is originally used for gadget output, it would be nice to apply this X-ray simulator to gadget output directly.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,
Weiguang