[yt-dev] Particle phase plotting

Andrew Myers atmyers2 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:42:45 PDT 2016

Hi John,

When I originally did this, I needed CIC deposition in phase space for a
project I was working on, so that was the use case I had in mind. I'm
wasn't sure that it made sense to use logarithmically-spaced bins for
finite-sized particles, so I just disabled log bins for particle phase
plots.

But, the default interpolation option is nearest grid point, which should
be equivalent to binning. I don't think there's any reason why NGP can't
work with log bins. It think the thing to do is soften the check to only
disable logging bin_fields when deposition='cic'.

-Andrew