[yt-dev] OpenGL VR

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:16:00 PST 2016

I agree with Nathan on this.  The functionality looks cool, but I think
without docs it is a non starter for going into stable.  Just because an
API is not finalized doesn't mean we cannot provide documentation to people
on how to use it as it currently stands, and furthermore it will make
things easier in the future since updating docs are easier than creating
them from scratch.  Even if the code doesn't go into stable this time
around, it will still be available in dev, which seems appropriate since it
is still under development with an API still changing.

As for 3.3 release, I really want to get my existing PR into the code
before stable gets released so that a stable release of yt works completely
with trident.  I'll finish it up this week.

Cameron

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Andrew Myers <atmyers2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > OK, sounds good.  I'll work on some docs as soon as possible, and
> > hopefully if they get in we can be set up to accept it  before any 3.3
> > release.  Andrew, you're 3.3 manager, right?  What's the 3.3
> > timescale?
>
> There currently isn't a set time table, but I'd say it can be ready
> "soon." We knocked out a big chunk of the remaining VR issues last week.
> The only things that remain are 1) documenting and sanity checking the log
> / linear issue for Transfer functions, and 2) addressing the issues with
> the default alpha settings. I believe that all the other things we wanted
> to get done by 3.3 are in there.

Cameron Hummels
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Astronomy