[yt-dev] Triaging issues for 3.3 release

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:50:40 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Cameron Hummels and I are both in Seattle right now at the Python in
Astronomy conference. There's a lot of time at this conference for
sprinting, and I thought we might spend some time working on yt issues.

In particular, I'd like to work on tasks we need to complete for yt 3.3.

Right now there are 170 open issues in the bug tracker:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues?status=new&status=open

I know that a number of these issues are fixable with just a few hours of
work, at most. I'd like to spend sprint time triaging issues and
identifying a set of issues that are blockers for the yt 3.3 release.
Mostly, this will be issues that Cameron and I think are fixable with at
most a few hours of work. The rest of the issues will be bulk-reassigned to
yt 3.4, or closed if they are already fixed or do not have sufficient
information to reproduce the issue.

In the end we will have a list of issues that should block the 3.3 release,
and then hopefully we will be able to work on fixing them in the next few
weeks and release 3.3.

Does anyone have any objections to Cameron and I doing this? Many apologies
for the large amount of e-mail spam this will generate. We will try to
finish in one day to minimize the inbox damage on people who are subscribed
to issues.

-Nathan