[yt-dev] Some yt related services are unavailable

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:23:02 PDT 2016

Hi all,
This morning around 7am fido - our server located @ NCSA - was
compromised and used in DDoS attack on some random ip in China. As soon
as the secops noticed unusual behaviour they shut it down.

Fido serves as reverse proxy for various services related to yt.
As long as it's down anything that we were hosting at *.hub.yt and
*.use.yt won't be available.
This also affects: blog.yt-project.org and tests.yt-project.org.

At this time I don't have any ETA on when the services will be brought
back to life. I'll notify you as soon as there's any progress.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience this situation creates.
Kacper