[yt-dev] Boolean data objects in yt-3

Brian O'Shea bwoshea at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:56:38 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

I've stumbled across across a research task that could really use yt's
Boolean data object feature, and according to the documentation it is not
implemented in yt-3.  Have boolean data objects been replaced by something
else?  I know there are various filtering methods in yt, but what I really
need to do is spatial filtering (i.e., data in a sphere with some chunks of
the sphere excised).

In principle I'd be happy to take a crack at re-implementing it, although I
might need some help.  Could somebody give me a sense of why it wasn't
ported to yt-3 when the changeover was made?

Thanks,
Brian