[yt-dev] Feature freeze for 3.3

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:18:50 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

Here are the outstanding issues for releasing 3.3:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues?status=new&status=open&version=3.3

I'd like to propose, and hold myself accountable to, a feature freeze
for 3.3.  I think we should give a pass on *already* open pull
requests, but set up a freeze starting Wednesday for non-bugfix
changes until 3.3 is released, after which the gates can re-open.  If
anyone has any strong objections, let's bump it, but I'd like to see
the release go out and not creep too far.  (It's already got quite a
lot in it!)

I'm going to start picking out bugs today to get going.  Thanks to
Nathan and Cameron for identifying these bugs for the 3.3 release,
which was a non-trivial task.