[yt-dev] Issue #1251: Cannot construct compound LightRay for gadget frontend (yt_analysis/yt)

Cameron Hummels issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Jul 24 00:39:50 PDT 2016

New issue 1251: Cannot construct compound LightRay for gadget frontend
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1251/cannot-construct-compound-lightray-for

Cameron Hummels:

Previously, I was somehow able to construct a compound LightRay (one spanning multiple datasets) using the `gizmo_cosmology_plus` dataset, but I can no longer do this.

Here is a sample script demonstrating the problem (which effectively just the compound LightRay cookbook recipe with the `gizmo_cosmology_plus` dataset swapped in):

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6712/

It fails if you are not running in the directory with the dataset, but this is a minor problem.  The main issue is that `domain_boundaries` are not defined, and then `domain_left_edge` and `domain_right_edge` are not defined.

Responsible: chummels