[yt-dev] Issue #1247: origin in SlicePlot (yt_analysis/yt)

Luigi Iapichino issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Jul 21 03:56:28 PDT 2016

New issue 1247: origin in SlicePlot
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1247/origin-in-sliceplot

Luigi Iapichino:

Dear yt community,

in the "origin" parameter in SlicePlot is it currently not possible to have the location of the origin of the plot coordinate system in a user-defined point inside the slice. I have sent an email to yt-users about it, and on July 14 Nathan replied that the place that needs to be modified is this function:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/1c339ea7619997cba6842e973cf5f0e13b2f30ee/yt/visualization/plot_window.py?at=yt&fileviewer=file-view-default#plot_window.py-627

One would need to add a new if statement to account for the case when origin is a two-element list, tuple or ndarray, and then just use that value. One would also need to update the docstrings for "origin" which are replicated a few places in that file. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have resources to invest in this task, therefore I open this issue for adding a new feature in the origin parameter. Thanks a lot your your efforts, Luigi