[yt-dev] Testing infra update

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:35:22 PST 2016

Hi,
I've revamped the way we handle PR testing. We no longer poll Bitbucket
repository every 'n' minutes, instead we're utilizing webhooks [1]. It
also means that testing and docs building should happen almost immediately.

Whole thing is implemented as a simple web server [2] that runs on fido
and listens for POST messages coming from Bitbucket. It allows for fine
grained control over code executed upon different events i.e. pr
creation, update, merge can be treated separately. As result we can
gradually expand its capabilities.

Please be advised that I'm still testing it. If you notice any odd
behaviour (PRs not being tested, PRs being tested too many times) please
let me know.

Cheers,
Kacper

[1] https://blog.bitbucket.org/2015/06/24/the-new-bitbucket-webhooks/