[yt-dev] Future of the install script

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:09:08 PST 2016

I think combining the two scripts into a single script is still the best
way to go.  For a new user, it will be confusing which they should use
between "get_yt.sh" and "install_script.sh".  If this is not feasible, then
we can rethink it.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Friday, January 15, 2016, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay -- my reluctance (which is all it was!) in the original email to
>> combine the two scripts was because I didn't think it was feasible,
>> but I could be wrong.  Do we want to prioritize this before a 3.3
>> release, which is already crammed full of stuff?
>

> I'd like to give it a try, our installation story is pretty bad right now
> with the rampant SSL issues.
>

>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Britton Smith <brittonsmith at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I think I'm also in favor of having one script, if it's possible.  This
>> is
>> > especially true if the two options are named install_script.sh and
>> > get_yt.sh.

>> nathan12343 at gmail.com>

>> if
>> yet