[yt-dev] Issue #1153: difficulty importing yt for Canopy Python 2.7.6 in OSX el Capitan (yt_analysis/yt)

dan mckeown issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Jan 4 12:37:54 PST 2016

New issue 1153: difficulty importing yt for Canopy Python 2.7.6 in OSX el Capitan
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1153/difficulty-importing-yt-for-canopy-python

dan mckeown:

Hello all, I have been having a little difficulty getting yt to import. I installed it using a script that was written for osx el capitan  called the

get_yt.sh script

Now, this script gives instructions for creating a PATH environment variable which isn't working for some reason. No error is given when I create the suggested variable which is:

$ export PATH=/path/to/yt-conda:$PATH

where /path/to  is just /Users/myusername.

However, when I try to import yt from canopy or at the command line it doesn't work.