[yt-dev] Google summer of code hangout

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:06:38 PST 2016

Hi all,

This year OpenAstronomy is going to try to apply as an umbrella
organization for various projects in astronomy who want to participate in
GSOC.  They're interested in including yt, so for now I think the plan is
to apply with OpenAstronomy and then fall back to either PSF for NumFocus
if the OpenAstronomy application does not go through.

There's more information about OpenAstronomy and the GSOC application here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JCCgVyO3l9h0zGtqt0t7eDibRj2pIaqsqFSWau0wkao/edit#heading=h.1qqd1w1sz8j0

I'd like to get a few people who are interested in mentoring to brainstorm
ideas for projects early next week. If you'd like to participate, please
fill out this doodle poll. I will set up the Hangout even on Sunday based
on response to the poll.

http://doodle.com/poll/kisixgu97kzkhusm

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan